American Century Investments Foundation
The American Century Investments Foundation, established in 2000, is overseen by a board of directors that establishes guidelines and priorities for the Foundation and makes all grant decisions on behalf of the Foundation. Assistance in grants administration is provided to the Foundation by the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation. Click here to read about American Century Investments® and its other areas of community investments.
Applications will be reviewed by the American Century Investments Foundation twice a year. Application deadlines will be 5:00 p.m. CST on:
- Wednesday, April 9, 2014
- Tuesday, October 7, 2014
Applicants will be notified of the board’s decisions in writing approximately eight (8) weeks after the application deadline.
If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 816-627-3468.
The Foundation prefers to grant money to organizations providing innovative opportunities that are sustainable and inspire growth in the communities where American Century Investments® employees live and work including Kansas City, MO; Mountain View, CA and New York, NY Although a portion of the Foundation's grants are awarded through the Dollars for Donors program, the Foundation will also accept applications twice per year from organizations serving the communities described above.
Preference will be given to organizations in which American Century Investments employees are involved as board members, volunteers and/or donors. In addition, the Foundation will give preference to organizations demonstrating the following:
- Health and human service organizations providing direct services to individuals and families in need
- Demonstrated impact and success of programs
- Evidence of strong leadership
The Foundation will consider making grants to support the general operations of 501(c)(3) public charities within the areas of interest listed above. The Foundation will not provide funding for:
- Special Events
- Capital Campaigns
- Religious organizations, unless they are engaged in a significant project that is nonsectarian and benefits a broad base in the community
- Social, labor, veterans, alumni or fraternal organizations
- Recreational sporting events or athletic teams
- Political causes, candidates or legislative lobbying efforts
- Past operating deficits, travel or conferences
Due to the nature of our business, American Century Investments® is unable to provide financial products or in-kind services directly to individual organizations.
In general, grants will range from $5,000 – $25,000.
- All proposals must be submitted online by 5:00 p.m. on the due date through the new online grant application module (iGAM).
- The online grant application will be available six (6) to eight (8) weeks prior to the deadline.
- Click here to access the grant application.
- You will be prompted to create a new username and password, unless you have previously done so in iGAM.
- Users are encouraged to create a single username and password for your organization to be shared among staff.
- Save the iGAM homepage to your web browser favorites to access draft and submitted applications: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_1164?SA=AM.
- A compatible web browser must be used, either Internet Explorer version 6 or higher or Fire Fox version 1.5 or higher and have cookies enabled.
- Once logged in, users can view pending and historical applications, but not applications saved under other usernames.
- If you have technical questions regarding iGAM, please contact Stephanie Mack at 816-627-3429 or firstname.lastname@example.org.