Northland Giving Circle
Northland Giving Circle (NGC) is a group of philanthropic and civic-minded individuals dedicated to making a significant impact to the well-being of Platte and Clay counties through a yearly donation. One $30,000 grant is awarded yearly for a program/project that provides basic needs of food, clothing and/or shelter to residents of Platte and/or Clay counties.
October 15, 2014, 5 p.m.
Cindy Rhodes, email@example.com or 816-746-4602
Northland Giving Circle (NGC) is a group of philanthropic and civic-minded individuals dedicated to making a significant impact to the well-being of Platte and Clay counties through a yearly donation. One $30,000 grant (presented February, 2015) will be awarded to an organization exempt from Federal Income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The program/project must provide basic needs of food, clothing and/or shelter to residents of Platte and/or Clay counties. An organization can receive this grant every five years.
The following will be excluded from consideration:
- Individuals, political parties, candidates or political activities.
- Primary and secondary educational institutions.
- Religious organizations or denominational programs.
- Capital campaigns.
Northland Giving Circle Founding Members
Grant Application Committee Chairman
2014 Grant Application Procedure/Time Line
August 22, 2014 – Applications for 2013 available online through the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation internet grant application module (IGAM).
October 15, 2014 – Deadline for applications to be submitted (5 p.m. CDT). If you cannot meet the deadline you are invited to apply next year.
November 3 - 7, 2014 Northland Giving Circle Grant Application Committee will select three finalists to submit to membership for final vote.
January 2015 – Northland Giving Circle members will vote; the organization receiving highest number of votes will be awarded grant.
February 2015 – Formal presentation of $30,000 award will take place with awardee.
March 2015 - Annual Celebration for recognition of grant recipient and member of Northland Giving Circle.
If Northland Giving Circle has any questions regarding your proposal, a member of the Grant Application Committee may contact you via phone or email requesting further information or an appointment for a site visit. If you have questions, please call or email Cindy Rhodes (816-741-3162, firstname.lastname@example.org). For technical assistance with the online grant application contact the Community Foundation (816-627-3420, email@example.com).
The recipient of any grant from Northland Giving Circle must use the funds awarded for the specific purpose(s) as outlined in the original grant proposal. Northland Giving Circle requires a report detailing expenditures to date, planned expenditures and interim results of the program by July 30, 2015. In addition, a final report is required detailing full expenditures and final results of the program by January 30, 2016.
- Click here to register to access the 2014 Northland Giving Circle Grant Application.
- You will be prompted to create a username and password, unless previously done so.
- Users are encouraged to create a single username and password for your organization to be shared among staff.
- Save the iGAM homepage to your web browser favorites to access draft and submitted applications: www.grantrequest.com/SID_1164?SA=AM.
- A compatible web browser must be used, either Internet Explorer version 6 or higher or Fire Fox version 1.5 or higher and have cookies enabled.